The face has been a matter of our identity and looking healthy and fresh is a key part of maintaining self-esteem and positivity. These days due to several factors such as environment, climate, and others, several issues related to skin and face have been a hassle. One of them is a swollen or puffy face.
The following article reveals what is the reason behind its cause ways to treat as well and prevention tactics to keep a fresh face.
Causes Of A Swollen Face
Here are a few of the most common reason that leads to a swollen face.
- Allergies: It’s common to have Allergies of various properties like specific foods, animals, or materials. These causes reactions that cause a puffy face as a warning sign to take care of yourself.
- Injuries: It’s obvious that causing casual injuries while engaging in an activity or as an accident, the extra blood fluids of the body flow to the area which is your face to heal making your face puffy.
- Dental Issues: The issues within your mouth like Dental problems could also cause facial swelling, make sure you take care of it the right way as it could be problematic.
- Sinusitis: When your nostrils are infected it causes difficulties while breathing and eventually causes trouble facially due to clogging or infection. The pressure turns into inflammation.
- Medication Side Effects: It is advised to check the side effects of your medicines as another because they cause reactions not just to the face but to the skin or other body parts. Visit a professional to tackle the issue.
- Too Much Sodium: Moving on to the food and drink consumption note, the excessive amount of salt mainly from salty foods contributes highly to having a swollen face.
How To Treat A Swollen Face
Since most of you’ve realized the possible causes, it is also necessary to treat them the right way. Some effective methods include:
- Cold Compress: Grabbing a few ice cubes a wrapping them in a cloth or using an ice pack if you have one and gently rub or massage to the affected area. The cold helps to reduce inflammation.
- Hydrate: This is the most common method of drinking sufficient water. If not the swelling could get worse within no time.
- Limit Sodium: The causes of Facial Swelling include high salt intake as mentioned earlier. Limit the sodium intake as it might cause water retention.
- Avoid Allergens: If you tend to be Allergic to anything, identify it then and avoid the allergens. Ensure you visit a doctor before trying anything.
- Counter Meds: Over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen can help you handle the pain and swelling. Do follow the recommended dosage and make sure you take it under supervision.
- Stay Clean: Proper hygiene and cleanliness are substantial in this situation as avoiding exposure to other dirt, chemicals, or anything especially if your environment or work is related to it.
- Hot Compress: Hot compress is done for sinuses unlike Cold Compress, an uncomfortable nose could be a real cause hence treat it on top to relieve pressure.
- Watch Your Diet: Consume foods that have anti-inflammatory properties, which include fruits vegetables, and protein-rich food.
- Facial Massage: A gentle massage to the face could not harm as it could create better blood flow.
- Stay Calm: Whatever happens, panicking wouldn’t help and would make the conditions even worse. relax as much as possible taking deep breaths.
- Consult a doctor: In case the puffiness goes out of hand, definitely visit a doctor. It’s hard to determine what problems could we have, especially when you encounter difficulties quickly.
Measures To Prevent Face Swelling
As it sounds facial swelling is a terrible experience to go through and you’re lucky if you aren’t affected yet. follow these steps to prevent facial swelling in the future. The steps include:
- Manage Allergies: It is important to understand your triggers causing allergies and ensure to avoid them. Take Allergy shots as a medication in case.
- Safety First: Take care of yourself and be sure to not injure yourself while engaging in sports and other activities.
- Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss regularly to keep dental issues away so that it doesn’t cause any trouble to your face.
- Hydration: As always drink sufficient water keeping dehydration issues away.
- Balanced Diet: Consume healthy foods following a balanced diet. Foods like fruits and vegetables enriched in anti-inflammation properties are advised.
- Limit Salt: Lower the amount of sodium intake by avoiding salty foods.
- Stress Management: Manage your stress by meditation, exercise, and having quality time with friends or family.
To conclude swollen face could be of many reasons. It is certainly a hard time while affected but easier to be cured with the methods mentioned above. Ensure to also follow the steps to prevent any future causalities. Always consult a doctor before anything following professional ways to tackle taking care of yourself.
Business8 years ago
Winston-Salem’s Stu Epperson Expands Right Wing Media Machine
Columns7 years ago
Captured & Tortured by ISIS- On the Ground in a War Zone
Colleges & Univ7 years ago
Celebrating our Neighbors: Awards, Recognition and New Leadership
Business7 years ago
Looking for a job? Check out these local job fairs
Columns7 years ago
Thorezine- Twitter is the Devil
Arts & Entertainment7 years ago
Celebrate Historic Preservation Month with events around the county
Community7 years ago
The Winston-Salem Foundation Announces May Community Grants
Education8 years ago
Forsyth Tech Students Make Like MacGyver